- Keep an eye on your phone while it’s charging. Its not a good idea to charge while you are sleeping.
- Do not charge your cell phone under your pillow or on your bed.
- Do not overcharge your cell phone. The battery can get too warm and create a fire hazard.
- Only use proper chargers and cords to charge your electronic device, because cheap off brands have a higher chance of overheating.
- Use a power strip with surge protection when charging. This will ensure that your device is kept safe. ■
Posted on October 22nd, 2017
I had the chance to catch up with our Rugby Fire Chief, Dave Schneibel to ask him a few questions about our local Fire Department.
Q. How many volunteer firefighters do you have in the department? A. 35 men and 1 female
Q. How many fire trucks does the Rugby Fire Dept. have? A. 9
Q. What is the most important hand held tool that the Rugby Fire Department has?
A. Thermal Image Camera (they allow firefighters to see areas of heat through smoke, darkness, or heat-permeable barriers. Thermal imaging cameras are typically handheld, but may be helmet-mounted. Thermal imaging cameras pick up body heat, and they are normally used in cases where people are trapped where rescuers cannot find them.)
B. Q. How many years have you been a part of the department? A. 14
C. Q. Do you think most kids know how to properly operate a fire extinguisher. A. Yes
Q. If there was a small fire in your house, would you feel comfortable putting it out? A. Yes
Q. How fast have you ever driven to a fire? A. 40 mph
Q. What is some advice that you have for young adults who are just moving into new homes?
A. Have proper smoke detectors and make sure all exits are cleared.
Q. What is more important, having smoke detectors or an escape plan? A. Smoke detectors
Q. How many fires have you been to? A. About 300
Q. How fast do your trucks pump water? A. 1,250 gallons per minute
Posted on October 15th, 2017
Posted on October 8th, 2017
By Kevin Friedt
Posted on October 2nd, 2017
Posted on September 25th, 2017
Posted on September 18th, 2017
Posted on September 11th, 2017
Posted on September 4th, 2017
Posted on September 1st, 2017
Posted on August 28th, 2017